August – summer’s grand finale, was such a good month. I genuinely had so much fun with my girls this summer and am sad that preschool is starting this week. Thinking about how much these little people change in a year and how each summer with them is going to be so different, just makes me want to savor it more. Even though I will miss all the free time for adventures, I will love having a little bit more time for my own projects.
Here is a recap of what we were up to this past month. The BEACH at the National Building Museum was quite a unique experience and is still open through September 7. We also had a fun day trip to Baltimore where we visited the National Aquarium and Pierce’s Park. And another summer tradition of ours in August is the Montgomery County Fair.
Places we visited:
• The “Beach” at the National Building Museum
• Georgetown Waterfront Park
• National Aquarium in Baltimore
• Theodore Roosevelt Island
• Larriland Farm
• Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens
• Carousel at Glen Echo Park
• Rehoboth Beach, DE
Events we attended:
• Garfield the Musical at Adventure Theater - no longer showing but next up is Caps for Sale The Musical Sep 11-27 – Blog post here about attending a previous show at Adventure Theatre
• Fairfax County 4H Fair and Carnival at Frying Pan Park
• Montgomery County Fair
Classes and camps we attended:
Parks we played at:
• Pierce’s Park - Baltimore, MD
• Palisade’s Playground – Blog post here about the hidden glass forest at this park
• Hadley’s Playground – Potomac, MD - #41 in a list of the top 50 playgrounds in the US
• North Farm Park – Rockville, MD
• Cabin John Park – Bethesda, MD
• Potomac Woods Park – Rockville, MD
Hope you found some good ideas for your family in this month’s list. We are looking forward the fall! Cooler temps means spending time at the farms picking apples and pumpkins and going for hikes through the fall colors. Happy September!
Also, I use instagram as my everyday blog and share a lot of photos from our adventures in my gallery. I’d love to have you follow along!
And I share more information and photos from our field trips and outings on facebook.