The team at DC Pediatric Smiles and Dr Derek Blank are excited to announce that their new office in Bethesda is now open! They take pride in creating a relaxed environment for children of all ages to enjoy their dental experience. Dr Derek, as he is known to his patients, is a board certified pediatric dentist and father of three young children.
- Board Certified – DC Pediatric Smiles is proud to be the only pediatric dental practice in Bethesda owned and operated by a board certified pediatric dentist.
- Free Parking – We offer ample, surface parking just steps away from our door. And the office is completely stroller accessible, no stairs or elevator.
- Convenient Hours – Open select evenings and Saturdays with 24/7 on-call services provided by our pediatric dentist for any after-hours emergencies.
- Complimentary Initial Visit – For children ages 2 and under, we offer a free initial appointment. And for patients of all ages, please stop in for a complimentary office tour!
- Latest Technology – Our all-digital office is excited to offer the newest high-tech conveniences including iPad check-in, online appointment booking, and Netflix.
- Potomac Surf Club – Have you ever surfed the Potomac? Doubt it. But a clean check-up will earn your child a spot in our exclusive Potomac “Cavity-Free” Surf Club.
The DCPS Experience
At DC Pediatric Smiles, we understand that a child’s experience with dentistry is a journey. Each child enters our office at a different stage along that journey. Dr Blank and his team are specially trained to identify how to help your child feel comfortable and develop a patient-provider foundation of trust. Our Laugh.Grow.Smile. approach is critical to this success.
Teeth aside for a moment, we want to start by learning about your child. Your child’s interest in music, sports, language, art, and dance. What makes your child excited? And of course, essential questions like… Paw Patrol or Cars? …Daniel Tiger or Nemo? …And Anna or Elsa? (or Olaf?).
At each appointment, Dr Blank and the team at DCPS aim to make a real, direct impression on your child. The goal? To instill one pearl of practical dental knowledge in your child’s memory. Sometimes this can be a brushing demonstration, a new way to hold floss, or even a healthy snacking tip.
At the end of the first appointment, we strive for your child to leave the office grinning from ear-to-ear. Does this really happen? Yes, most of the time. And when it doesn’t, we work even harder to ensure that we improve your child’s level of familiarity and enthusiasm with each subsequent appointment.
DC Pediatric Smiles is now scheduling new patients! They look forward to seeing your smiling face in their office soon!