Wow, I blinked and another month of summer just passed by! July was a really fun month full of amazing memories. We spent the first 9 days visiting family and friends in Nebraska. Celebrating the 4th of July there was a fun experience for my girls. I was able to (legally) light fireworks for them in Mimi & Papa’s driveway. Smoke bombs and ground bloom flowers were a big hit! Clara also got to stay up late to watch a “big” fireworks display for the first time. Then we traveled back to DC and a week later we celebrated Mae’s 2nd birthday. The last two weeks of July, both girls went to summer camp together for the first time. That has been life changing to have a few hours to myself a couple mornings a week! But in between traveling, celebrations, lessons, and camp, we did make time for some family fun activities in the DC area.
Places we visited:
• Sunflower fields at McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area
• Butler’s Orchard – Blog post from last summer here
• BusyBees – Blog post here
• Bounce U
• Potomac Farm Market
• Homestead Farm – Blog post from last fall here
• Old River Road swimming hole in Poolesville – This trip was inspired by an article I saw in the Washingtonian – “6 Great Swimming Holes Near Washington, DC”.
Events we attended:
• Wings of Fancy Exhibit at Brookside Gardens
• Summer Market Fair at Claude Moore Colonial Farm
• Alphabet Rockers at Wolf Trap – Blog post here
• Backyard Theater for Children at Strathmore
• Shrek the Musical at Encore Stage & Studio
Classes and camps we attended:
Parks we played at:
Hope you found some good ideas for your family in this month’s list! We are looking forward to a trip to Rehoboth Beach in August. My goal is to make the most out of the last month of summer before Clara starts full day pre-k! I want to seize every last day of this sweet summer goodness. Happy August!
Also, I use instagram as my everyday blog and share a lot of photos from our adventures in my gallery. I’d love to have you follow along!
And I share more information and photos from our field trips and outings on facebook.