Summer is here! It’s true, time really does fly when you’re having fun; I can’t believe June is already over. We had a fabulous month and kicked it off with many of our favorite summertime activities. Clara attended camps every week this month so June wasn’t quite as full of activities as May, but we still did some really fun things. The highlights of this month were bottle feeding calves at South Mountain Creamery and hunting fossilized shark teeth at Brownie’s Beach. Both were really fun and unique experiences!
Places we visited:
• Rocklands Farm
• South Mountain Creamery
• Franciscan Monastery
• Croydon Creek Nature Center
• Green Meadows Petting Farm – blog post from last fall here
• Dawson’s Market Farmers Market
• Potomac Village Farmers Market
• Carroll Creek (downtown Frederick)
• South Germantown Splash Park
• Brownie’s Beach on the Chesapeake Bay
Events we attended:
• Imagination Bethesda
• Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party at Encore Stage & Studio
• Art Explorers Family Studio at Glen Echo Park
• Rocknocerous “Plymouth Rockers” Album Release at Jammin Java
Classes and camps we attended:
Parks we played at:
• Hadley’s Playground – Potomac, MD – #41 in a list of the top 50 playgrounds in the US
• North Farm Park – Rockville, MD
• Cabin John Park – Bethesda, MD
• Potomac Woods Park – Rockville, MD
• Cedar Lane Playlot (corner of Cedar Lane and Beach Drive) – Kensington, MD
• Fallsgrove Park – Rockville, MD
• Glen Echo Park – Glen Echo, MD
Hope you found some good ideas for your family in this month’s list! We are kicking off July with a trip to Nebraska to visit our Midwest family and friends and celebrate the Fourth of July. Hope you all have a fun and safe holiday!
Also, I use instagram as my everyday blog and share a lot of photos from our adventures on my feed.
And I share more information and photos from our field trips and outings on facebook.