May was a busy month full of fun adventures with my girls. We spent a lot of time outdoors at different farms and parks. It was filled with lots of flowers and happy moments. I’ve always thought fall was my favorite time in the DC area but I’m not sure anymore because this spring has been pretty amazing. We visited some really pretty places and made a lot of great memories!
• United States National Arboretum
• Wegmeyers Farm – Oatlands Historic House and Gardens – blog post here
• Homestead Farm – blog post from last fall here
• Hillwood Estate Museum and Gardens
• Washington National Cathedral and Bishop’s Garden
• Beauvoir Outdoors
• Scott’s Run Nature Preserve
• Croydon Creek Nature Center
• Fountains at Rockville Town Square
Events we attended:
• Day Out with Thomas – B&O Railroad Museum – blog post here
• Royal Tea Party – Thomas Farm Community Center
• Spring Market Fair – Claude Moore Colonial Farm
• Fairytale Ballet Tea Party – Metropolitan Ballet Theatre
• Hometown Holidays – Rockville Town Square
Classes/Camps we attended:
Parks we played at:
• Meridian Hill Park – Washington, DC
• Chevy Chase Playground and Splash Park – Washington, DC – blog post here
• Clemyjontri Park – McLean, VA – blog post here – #4 in a list of the top 50 playgrounds in the US
• Hadley’s Playground – Potomac, MD – #41 in a list of the top 50 playgrounds in the US
• North Farm Park – Rockville, MD
• Cabin John Park – Bethesda, MD
• Potomac Woods Park – Rockville, MD
I hope this roundup has given you some new ideas and inspired you to go out and explore with your kids! Have a fabulous June!
Also, I use instagram as my everyday blog and share a lot of photos from our adventures on my feed.
And I share more information and photos from our field trips and outings on facebook.