Kids New Year’s Eve party to culminate with a countdown to the balloon drop at noon
WHO: The Yards, DC’s most exciting waterfront neighborhood for living, dining, shopping and relaxing.
WHAT: The Yards will host its fourth annual Noon Yards Eve festival, the FREE family-friendly New Year’s Eve celebration that transforms The Yards into a holiday wonderland, complete with interactive activities for children and adults. Activities will include:
- Trackless train rides through Yards Park
- Inflatable moon bounces and games
- Kids’ crafting stations and balloon artists
- Face painters and temporary tattoo artists
- Stilt-walkers, magicians and roaming performances
- Kid-friendly performances on The Yards stage
- …and more to be announced!
The event will culminate with a countdown and celebratory balloon drop at 12 Noon to ring in the New Year!
WHEN: Saturday, December 31 | 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
WHERE: Yards Park | 355 Water Street SE | Washington, DC 20003. The event is rain or shine and will be tented. Directions can be found at www.TheYardsDC.com/explore/map
WHY: Kick off the New Year with family and friends and see why The Yards has become one of the most exciting neighborhoods in the city. Following the balloon drop, enjoy lunch at one of over a dozen kid-friendly restaurants within walking distance from The Yards.
HOW: Noon Yards Eve is free to attend and open to all ages.
About The Yards