Well, November went by in a flash. I really can’t believe I’m already recapping another month! I didn’t have much planned for November because I thought we would slow down a bit before all the holiday activities and events. But we ended up going on a bunch of spontaneous outdoor outings to make the most of the warm fall days.
Here is a recap of where our adventures took us this month. The Wizard of Oz playground at Watkins Regional Park was definitely a highlight for my girls. There is so much to do there it is worth the drive. We also went to a new (to us) children’s museum – The Original Playhouse Museum, which is the cutest place for children to use their imaginations. I’m sure we will visit again this winter when it’s too cold to play outside. We also went to one of my favorite holiday exhibits at the end of the month – Seasons Greetings at the U.S. Botanic Garden.
Places we visited:
• United States Botanic Garden – blog post from last year here
• Ticonderoga Farms
• Lake Frank – blog post here
• The Original Playhouse Museum
• Bowl America Gaithersburg
• Croydon Creek Nature Center
• Locust Grove Nature Center
• Tysons Corner Ice Rink – blog post here
• Rockin’ Jump Gaithersburg
• Brookside Gardens
• Mobu Kids - blog post here
Events we attended:
Classes and camps we attended:
Parks we played at:
•Watkins Regional Park – A must-see Wizard of Oz themed playground
• Rockville Civic Center Park
• Hadley’s Playground – Potomac, MD - #41 in a list of the top 50 playgrounds in the US
• Cabin John Park – Bethesda, MD
• Avenel Park – Potomac, MD
I hope you found some good ideas for your family in this month’s list. So much to look forward to this month. I’ve posted a lot of holiday events and activities on the calendar. Happy December!
Also, I use instagram as my everyday blog and share a lot of photos from our adventures in my gallery. I’d love to have you follow along!
And I share more information and photos from our field trips and outings on facebook.